Malaysia Entry Regulations
As of August 1, 2022, Malaysia has removed all entry requirements related to COVID-19. All travelers are welcome to visit Malaysia, regardless of vaccination status, and with no additional testing or quarantine protocols. However, international visitors may be requested to download the MySejahtera app to indicate their COVID-19 risk status while staying in Malaysia. This COVID-19 risk status in the app may be checked upon entering premises.
With the updated entry requirements, Malaysia is the ideal vacation destination. Learn more about this culturally-diverse nation with our blogs and browse our Malaysia tours. Below are the updated entry regulations and essential documents for foreigners visiting Malaysia.
List of the documents required to travel to Malaysia:
- Valid Passport
- Travel Insurance is recommended but no longer required
- Download and update the MySejahtera app.
- Check if your passport is valid for travel
- Check visa requirements and apply for an e-visa
- Download and update the MySejahtera app
- Monitor your health and get tested if you develop COVID-19 symptoms during your stay
- If your test returns positive, you are subject to follow local protocols for COVID-19 positive cases: undergoing isolation via a Home Surveillance Order for 7 days. You can get released from isolation on the 4th, 5th, or 6th day when you are asymptomatic and have a negative result of an administered Antigen test