Malaysia Entry Regulations
Share This Article
As of December 1st 2023, the Immigration Department of Malaysia has announced that foreigners traveling to the country will have to complete a Malaysia Digital Arrival Card (MDAC) within three days before arrival. This new rule applies to all travelers and it is required every time you visit the country. Please note that exceptions apply for Malaysia's permanent residents, Malaysia Automated Clearance System pass-holders, Singapore nationals, and those transferring/transiting through Singapore without seeking immigration clearance.
Starting 1st January 2024, the Malaysia international entry form must be completed within three days before arrival.
Travelers are required to fill up their personal information, including name, nationality, passport details, date of arrival, date of departure, mode of transport, as well as last port of embarkation. The registration and submission form for MDAC can be found here. Submitting the form is free of charge.
According to the Malaysian Department of Immigration's infographic, foreign travelers from 10 eligible countries can use the autogate facility. The requirements to use the auto-gates for immigration clearance include:
Visitors from Australia, Brunei, Germany, Japan, South Korea, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, the United States and the United Kingdom
Passport with a validity of at least 6 months
A complete Malaysia Digital Arrival Card (MDAC) submitted 3 days before arrival
Arrivals and departures via KLIA & KLIA 2
For first-time travelers, you will have to enroll and verify your passports at the manual counter. After successful enrollment, you can use the Malaysia autogate for subsequent visits (with a MDAC submission within 3 days to arrival for every visit). For more details, please review the infographic here.
With the updated entry requirements, it's never been easier to explore this culturally-rich nation. And to help you plan your trip, our blogs are packed with useful information and tips on all things Malaysia. But wait, there's more! Browse our Malaysia tours for a hassle-free way to experience the best of this stunning country. Start planning your Malaysian adventure today and let MakeYourAsia be your guide to an unforgettable experience!
List of the documents required to travel to Malaysia:
- Valid Passport
- A complete Malaysia Digital Arrival Card (MDAC) submitted 3 days before arrival
- Travel Insurance is recommended but no longer required
- Check if your passport is valid for travel
- Check visa requirements and apply for an e-visa
- Fulfill a Malaysia Digital Arrival Card within 3 days prior to arrival.
- Monitor your health and get tested if you develop COVID-19 symptoms during your stay
- If your test returns positive, you are subject to follow local protocols for COVID-19 positive cases: undergoing isolation via a Home Surveillance Order for 7 days. You can get released from isolation on the 4th, 5th, or 6th day when you are asymptomatic and have a negative result of an administered Antigen test