Experience the Grandeur of Hue
A Full Day Tour of the Imperial Capital of Vietnam!
Privately tour for minimum 2 guests
Each trip is priced individually - trips differ in the number of people, selected hotels, and attractions
Hue - An imperial city lost in time
Come with MakeYourAsia to discover the former imperial capital of Vietnam, Hue. Home to the Nguyen Emperors from the 17th century until 1945, this city is teeming with intriguing historical gems.
Indulge in the city's delicious spicy dishes and see the places where many important historic events were taking place throughout the XVIII and the early XIX century.
Visiting Hue can be a single trip or part of a larger program of exploring Vietnam and all of Asia. Welcome to Hue!
- Transfer from/to your hotel in Hue
- Meals included in the program
- Entrance tickets to the listed attractions
- Internal transfers by air-conditioned vehicles
- English-speaking guides and local guides
What's not included
- Flights tickets to & from Vietnam
- Visa to Vietnam
- Private travel insurance
- Personal expenses and tips
- Discover the royal legacy of King Khai Dinh at his tomb
- Explore the iconic Thien Mu Pagoda, and learn the story of Thich Quang Duc - a Buddhist monk who protested against religious discrimination
- Savor the specialities of the famous Hue cuisine, including numerous dishes that used to be reserved only for the Imperial Court
- Discover the Imperial Citadel and its many wonders, including the Flagpole, Meridian Gate, Nine Dynastic Urns, Nine Sacred Cannons, Thai Hoa Palace, and the Forbidden Purple City
- Visit a local, rural area market and see a beautiful covered bridge, founded by a local businesswoman in XVIII century
We will start our journey around Hue at 8:00 AM by transferring to the boat pier, where we will board a boat and sail down the Perfume River to Thien Mu Pagoda - the most famous pagoda in Hue. Here you will hear the history of a Vietnamese Mahayana Buddhist monk - Thich Quang Duc, and his silent protest against religious discrimination in former South Vietnam.
After that, we will continue to King Khai Dinh Mausoleum, where you will learn about the philosophy of geomancy, feng shui, and their influence on architecture in the region. You will also hear the story of one of the least loved emperors of Vietnam.
Next, we will visit the Imperial Citadel, where the Nguyen Emperors reigned for over four centuries from 1802 to 1945. Within the Citadel, you will discover the Flagpole, the Meridian Gate, the Nine Dynastic Urns, the Nine Sacred Cannons, the Thai Hoa Palace, and the Forbidden Purple City. You will also hear numerous stories about the court life and all the betrayals, romances, and vengeance that come with it.
Enjoy a delicious lunch break in between attractions. The final stop on our tour will be a local countryside market, where you will see the locals trading and exchanging all kinds of information, as such markets serve another purpose in Vietnam - they are local information centers, not only places of trade. Next to the market, there is a picturesque covered bridge, founded by a local rich businesswoman almost 300 years ago. At the end of our tour, we will take you back to your hotel, concluding our lovely time together.