How to get around?
Asides from covered - the most popular transportation mode to navigate the picturesque canals of the Mekong Delta, this region offers a variety of transportation options - and with us, you can experience them all firsthand!
A noteworthy point of the program is 'Xe Ba Gac' - the Vietnamese version of tuk-tuk . These local means of transportation are an attraction themselves. Going on a tuk-tuk through the regional roads is definitely a fun ride that you won't forget.
One of the most unique attractions of the Mekong Delta is its mangrove forests. These forests are some of the most diverse ecosystems in the world, hosting a wide variety of wildlife and plant species. The best way to explore is to take one of the Sampan boats - long, narrow rowing boats, made of wood and bamboo.
Exploring the Mekong Delta by motorcycle or bicycle is a great way to see the region up close and personal. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can even take control of your route and explore the area on your own!
Mekong Delta Cuisine
Every trip to Mekong Delta with us features mouth-watering feasts, serving you exclusive regional delicacies.
- Ca tai tuong chien xu - deep-fried giant gourami or elephant ear fish - never fails to capture the spotlight of our trip. Prepare to be mesmerized with the exquisite presentation on the dining table. The entire body of this big fish is preserved and then deep fried, leaving the skin extremely crunchy and flavorful. We cannot recommend this dish enough!
- Coconuts! Did you know that Mekong Delta is famous for its coconut candy? It's a must to visit a coconut candy workshop to learn how it's made and of course, to eat this incredibly yummy treat. But that's not all! There are more interesting parts of this plant that you can eat and craft. Find out when you visit these lovely workshops.
- As an exotic agricultural paradise, the region offers the opportunity to enjoy succelent tropical fruits straight from the trees. From rambutan, logan, jackfruit, to durian, you'll get to try a variety of these juicy creations.
- Bun mam is another delicacy not to be taken lightly - it is a fermented fish noodle soup with a zesty flavor and distinct aroma. The fermented fish ingredient might scare you off; however, it brings out an amazing taste from the dish.
Mekong Delta crafts
Curious about the delightful souvenirs awaiting you in this enchanting region? Rest assured, we've got you covered! We have here a list of items that you can bring home a piece of the charming Mekong Delta. From freshly picked fruits, traditional craft products, find the perfect memento and cherish the essence of the Mother River region.
Mekong Delta Weather
If you're considering a trip to the Mekong Delta, it's best to plan your visit during the dry season, which runs from October to early May. However, don't let that stop you from visiting during the rainy season either, as Asian countries can be quite charming during that time. Although you'll need to be prepared for daily afternoon rains, these don't usually last very long.
- Tour around the coconut candy manufacturers and pick up some of this chewy treat. There are plenty of flavors to try, so get ready and try them all!
- As we mentioned before, coconuts are extremely versatile. Fall in love with all the crafty products that the talented craft artists create from their own home. Grab some handmade bowls, clutches, or paintings to save memories of your trip.
- Renowned for being the powerhouse for tropical fruits, Mekong Delta possesses vast areas of fruit orchards and vegetable farms. This is the chance to live your tropical dream, go pick some fruits straight from the trees, and taste the juiciest pieces you can find!